If you can read this, thank a teacher.
Graduate Teaching Fellow - Urban Teachers
July 2020 - Present
Working alongside a trusted educational professional in a Baltimore City Public School
Developing myself as a student and educator through anti-racist pedagogical practice and implementation
Earning a master's degree in educational studies
June 2019 - July 2020
• Attending At Risk Supper Program training and certification in order to distribute two meals a day to a daily average of 25 children.
• Serving 1700+ hours under the guidelines of AmeriCorps through City Year.
• Conducting 3 weekly 1:1 coaching conversations with a focus list of 12 5th students on around meeting their behavioral, academic, and social-emotional goals.
• Delegating roles within initiatives to other team members to encourage leadership through clear vision setting, strong communication, and detailed plans of action.
• Developing extended learning initiatives through careful analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, while delegating roles to other team members.
• Facilitating and sustaining an after-school program for 30 elementary school students focused on aiding in homework and active engagement.
• Facilitating group sessions on restorative justice, working with students who have experienced trauma.
• Honoring the rules and regulations set by the partner school I serve in, Scenic Hills Elementary School in Memphis, TN.
• Maintaining partnerships with individuals outside the community in order to expose unique opportunities to the children in the community I serve.
• Providing specific, targeted tier 2 individual and group LLI support for a focus list of 7 5th grade students who are one to two grade levels behind in reading.
• Supporting a partner teacher in a whole class setting by providing redirection, reiteration and refocusing to students off track or misled by directions.
The Johns Hopkins University - MA Educational Studies - Graduation: May 2022
Currently, I am enrolled in the Urban Teachers program at Johns Hopkins as a resident teacher. While serving in this program, I also work as a first grade teacher for Baltimore City Public Schools.
2010 - present
2010 - present
The University of Memphis - BA Anthropology - Graduation: May 14, 2019
Miami International University of Art and Design - BA Visual Art - 2014 - 2016